Golf is an activity that has been recognized not only as a sport but also a lifestyle. So when it comes to Dubai, its reputation for being one of the most luxurious destinations in the world will make any golfer fall in love with it on every visit
Top 10 Places to Play Golf in Dubai
Looking to add a touch of luxury to your next golf vacation? Then look no further than Dubai! This glamorous city is home to some of the finest golf courses in the world, offering visitors a truly unique and unforgettable experience.
To help you plan your trip, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 places to play golf in Dubai if you want to discover more information about golf courses you can visit golfscape.com
- Emirates Golf Club – This club features two championship 18-hole courses set against the stunning backdrop of the Dubai skyline.
- The Montgomerie Dubai – Designed by legendary golfer Colin Montgomerie, this course is perfect for those looking for a challenge.
- Jumeirah Golf Estates – Home to two award-winning courses, Fire and Earth, Jumeirah Golf Estates is a must-visit for any golf fan.
- Arabian Ranches Golf Club – With its lush landscaping and tranquil setting, Arabian Ranches is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a round or two of golf.
- The Els Club – Designed by four-time Major winner Ernie Els, this course is one of the most popular in Dubai.
- Nakheel Harbour & Towering Inferno – These two courses offer breathtaking views of the Palm Jumeirah Island and are sure to test your skills.
- Montgomery Course – A relatively new addition to Dubai’ s golf scene, The Address Montgomery Course is already proving popular with visitors.
- Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club – This club offers two 18-hole championship courses as well as a 9-hole par 3 course, making it ideal for players of all abilities.
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa – Set amidst the beautiful Palm Jumeirah, Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa is home to a spectacular 27-hole championship course.
- The Track, Meydan Golf – The Track at Meydan Golf is one of the most unique courses in Dubai, offering stunning views of the cityscape from its vantage point atop the Meydan Racecourse grandstand.
Challenges of Golfing in Dubai
1. Challenges of Golfing in Dubai:
Picking the right golf course in Dubai can be a challenge with so many wonderful options to choose from. If you are looking for a tough game, make sure to ask about the wind conditions before you tee off as the desert heat can make for some interesting gusts of wind. The sand can also pose a challenge, as it can wreak havoc on your game if you are not careful.
Golfing in Dubai can be a bit of a challenge due to the large number of people that flock to the area during peak season. If you are looking to avoid the crowds, make sure to book your tee time well in advance or consider playing during the week instead of on weekends.
3. Desert Conditions:
The desert heat and sand can be tough on both your body and your golf game. Be sure to stay hydrated and take breaks often to avoid getting too overheated. The sand can also make it difficult to keep your ball on the fairway, so consider playing a few practice rounds before your big game.
Things You Should Pack for Golfing
Assuming you’re referring to golf clubs and not physical items, here are the things you should pack for golfing in Dubai:
-A good set of clubs that fit your swing. If you don’t have your own clubs, you can usually rent them at the course.
-Golf balls that suit your game. Again, if you don’t have your own, most courses will provide rental balls.
-Appropriate clothing for the weather and environment. In Dubai, this means light, loose-fitting clothes that will protect you from the sun.
-Sunscreen and hats to protect you from the sun’s rays.
-Water and snacks to keep you hydrated and fueled during your round. -Golf shoes with spikes, if you have them. If not, most courses will have rental shoes available. -A positive attitude and sense of humor. Golf can be a frustrating game, but it’s also meant to be enjoyed!
Where to Stay While You Are Playing In UAE
There are plenty of great places to stay while you are playing golf in Dubai. If you are looking for luxury, the Emirates Golf Club is a great option. This world-class club offers stunning views of the cityscape and boasts three championship courses. For something more affordable, try the Jumeirah Golf Estates which offers two public courses as well as a driving range and putting green. If you are traveling with family or friends, consider renting a villa at the Montgomerie Golf Club which offers suites and villas that can accommodate up to eight guests.
There are many places to stay while playing golf in Dubai. If you are looking for luxury accommodations, the Burj Al Arab is one of the most iconic and well-known hotels in Dubai. For those who want to be closer to the action, there are a number of hotels located near the major golf courses such as the Address Montgomerie and Jumeirah Golf Estates. There are also a number of serviced apartments and villas that can be rented on a short-term basis.
If you are looking for a place to stay that is centrally located and close to all the action, then we recommend the Address Downtown Dubai. This hotel is located in the heart of Dubai’s shopping and business district. It is also just a short drive away from some of the best golf courses in Dubai such as The Els Club and Arabian Ranches Golf Club.