A customized golf cart is nothing short of attraction, fun, and thrill. A cart that matches your individual style and is more functional than intended; who doesn’t want that? Well, there are a number of ways you can do so, such as by adding wraps, changing wheels, replacing the interior, and adding flashy colors.
Likewise, you can also make it more comfortable by changing the seating, adding a headrest, and much more. If you are looking for ways to add personalization, here is a complete guide on golf cart wraps: how to customize your golf cart. So, let’s get in.
Customize It With a Lift Kit
The first and foremost way you can customize a golf cart is by customizing it with a lift kit. It can help you upgrade your cart by making it impressive for rough and unruly terrains. These often come with additional tires and wheels (ranging from 2 to 6 inches). So, this way, you can ideally enlarge the wheels of your cart. Here are some types of ways you can lift up the wheels of your golf cart;
- Spindle Lifts are designed to help you with a wide wheel that makes the ride even more stable over bumpy surfaces. Likewise, these lifts are quite affordable and offer straightforward assembly with no need for adjustments or resets.
- Axle Lifts are designed for the front axles and are designed to make the process thrilling yet stable. These are also relatively cost-effective; however, they can take some time for installation because their rods are narrow. So, only go for these if you have a certain level of expertise in this regard.
- Long Travel Lifts are designed for off-road performance with a stable base that helps you with stability and balance over unruly and bumpy terrains. They are equipped with outstanding front suspension that provides you a comfortable and controlled ride throughout, all thanks to their ability to widen the wheelbase. Finally, these are easy to install; however, they demand financial investment.
Tires and Wheels
Likewise, another way you can customize your golf cart is by making your wheels more functional and contemporary looking. For this, the most important factors you should consider are the wheel size, types of tires, and the wheelbase. Likewise, I would recommend you to consider the street tires as they are quite efficient when it comes to unruly and bumpy terrain.
For off-road performance, it is important to consider the large wheels that integrate deep tread patterns, so you can achieve traction and stability. Most commonly, you can find card wheels in matte black color with different material construction (preferably rubber). For this, some of the high-quality wheels come from MJFX, Madjax, and Callaway. All in all, you can choose the one that suits your budget.
In addition, I absolutely love the seating customization as it is my favorite way to renovate and customize the golf cart. Here, you can find a number of different designs and materials across the market for golf chairs. You can also find ones that are equipped with headrests and armrests, with further customizations like two-tone cushions and much more. So, you can add personalization and make it as per your individual style. Madjax is a brand you should consider if you are planning to customize your seatings.
Changing the Aesthetics
If you are bored with the exterior or interior of your golf cart and want something fun that also matches your vibe and style, it is ideal to go for aesthetics. Here, I would recommend you consider some flashy colors and stickers to put on the bumper as well as the decal. This will make your cart appear more vibrant and individualistic. You can further go for a change of awnings, windshields, light colors, and replacing old mirrors with the ones that absolutely go with your individual style.
Others Customizing Ideas
Here are some other ways you can customize your golf cart and add individuality to it;
- The first way is by adding Bluetooth speakers in the design, so you are provided with better sound while making it even more fun and thrilling. You can place these on the dash area or even the struts.
- To increase the speed of your golf cart, you can add an upgraded controller so you are provided with better control and stability (even on rough and unruly terrain).
- You can further create your own theme by choosing a specific sports team and matching it with the interior of your cart.
- Another fun way to customize your golf cart is by adding a convenient cooler. You can place it on the bracket mount easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I add to my golf cart?
There are a number of ways you can customize your golf carts. Some major ways you can do this is by adding a wrap or personalizing it as per your individualistic design. You can do this by changing the exterior of your cart, changing lights, and even adding extra power to it. Another fun way to customize it is by changing the wheels.
How much does it cost to wrap a golf cart?
On the whole, it totally depends on your cart’s size. For instance, a typical, standard-size cart would demand 5 to 6 squares of wraps (preferably made up of vinyl). Thereby, this will cost you between $185 and $350. All in all, it varies based on the size of your cart as well as the material that is used in the construction.
Do vinyl wraps shrink?
Yes, when heated, vinyl wraps are the same as shrink wraps. This is because they incorporate a film that shrinks; however it is only a certain amount of it. It further comes with different parts that have a considerable amount of filming, so there is no issue of shrinking here.
In the end, here are some ways you can add customization to your golf cart and make it more personalized. Over time, the more simplistic ways of wrapping your cart or changing the wheels can provide you with functionality and comfort. So, do consider customizing your cart and making it match your individual style.